help between AL vs SS??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sea-glider

Registered
Reaction score
Need some help deciding my first BC!! I am new to diving..:(

so far i have decided on

Transplate Harness
Vector Wing
Mares Rebel 12
Mares Octo.

now about the plate, which is better for me? SS or AL?

I am currently in Guam and will stay here for 3 years, so mostly diving in tropical waters. however, after 3 years i may get to use it in Japan as well.
also I plan to do single tank diving for the next year or so but like the option in future to do doubles especially since a lot of recs are found off guam. (do i need a STA for single tank?)
I am 74kg and 175cm height (5"7'?) sorry still dont know US measurements...
I will be wearing a 2.5-3 shorty wetsuit..
I am leaning on SS so i dont have to add on too much weight, but with my size will SS bee too heavy??
thanks for taking the time to help.

Go with SS. It will serve your needs. Don't know what a vector wing is, but most likely you will need an STA. By the time you're wreck diving, ~100 bucks for a new AL plate and harness won't matter!

Edit: You'll get this from a lot of people, and it's kind of a hot topic, but I really reccomend just the most basic harness. Incredibly easy to set up, and it does everything you need (and more!).

thanks scubastud.

I will check the basic harness...vector wing is for single tank, sort a V shape so i assume more streamlined..

Back
Top Bottom