Combining Red Sea diving with sightseeing trip ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stargazer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I dive, the rest of my family doesn't (but likes warm water), and we are considering going to Egypt next December to escape winter here. Are there any tour operators which can be recommended which could put together a tour combining some dive time at a place like Sharm al-Sheik with a very good tour of major antiquities on land ? We could take up to about two weeks max, I figure...

Suggested itinerary for two weeks skipping the tour agent and instead buying a copy of Lone Planet Egypt thus saving some coin.

Fly to Cairo - spend 4-5 days there, markets, Giza, Museums, etc. All can be arranged easily with a descent hotel getting you a cab for transport. No tour guide really need with a good guide book.

Take the train to Luxor - spend 3-4 days there, Temples, valley of Kings, etc. If the family is in descent shape rent bikes for a day.

If time permits - from Luxor go to Aswan and see Abu Simbel.

Return to Cario - pickup dive gear and
Fly to Sharm - spend 4-5 days diving. Send non divers to St. Cathernines for 1.5 days (overnight at the monastery, hike to the top of Mt. Sinai for the sunrise).

Fly back home ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom