Question about the Nitek Duo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tanked

Extreme Non-poster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
While doing my saftey stop i was at around 18 feet, my depth was reading 18, then 11, then 26. What gives?
Also, is there a way to disable the "slow" alarm? Its way too sensitive. I wear it on my wrist, and it alarms if I raise my arm above my head.

Sounds like you have to return the computer. If your depth was 18', and the computer reports 26', time to send it back.

I have a Duo, I understand the programming can not be adjusted. The ascent rates are slow, programmed intentionally slow. The slow ascent was one of the options I wanted.

Tom

Recently mine has been reading 0 then around 5 and back to zero. In that case (very shallow depths on near-surface swims back to the boat) I'm assuming it is because of the depth at which the computer gets activated. I don't remember any problems with it fluctuating in readings while I'm at a fairly constant depth below 10 ft or so.

If you're wearing it on your wrist make sure you do not have it strapped on too tight. The depth is measured by water pressure and if the sensors are being tightly blocked then it may not get an accurate reading.

Back
Top Bottom