Suunto D9 strap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Magnus.s

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The second rubber strap is now now giving up on my D9, a friend of bought a D6 just over a year ago, his rubber strap gave up the other week.

Don't get me wrong, there is no other computer (right now) that I would rather have but it would have been nice if the straps worked as well as the rest of the computer :)...

// Magnus;

I don't do well with rubber straps - of any brand. As an alternative, I'd recommend the Waterbourne nylon strap. Not only do they last much longer, and are very comfortable, they capture each watch pin separately, so you won't lose everything if one comes undone.

A friend of mine also replaced two straps already on his D6 in less than a year. I've taken a D6 with a metallic bracelet for exactly this reason and never regretted it.

FWIW, I've had my D9 for about 6 months, I wear it everyday and have got about 25 dives on it (20 of which have been in the last 6 weeks) and the strap is holding up just fine for me. Sorry for the bad luck with your straps.

i've got a d9 and i have the one with the titanium band and 2 rubber straps. got it for my wife but she doesn't want to learn how to use it, i've used it a few times, it also has the hoseless transmitter. i'm probably going to sell it because i want a trimix computer and my wife does'nt use it. but it is a very nice watch especially with the titanium band

Or this
DSCN3957.jpg

I went for the titanium after my third rubber strap.

But then I managed to flood it three weeks ago and Suunto is asking 340 EUR to replace "the main electronic module". -it's not cheap to use Suunto :)

Back
Top Bottom