Bali Diving - Liveaboard advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FMmck

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am doing some research for a dive trip to Bali end of August (Mola"2 period) for roughly 8/9 days.

I checked Aquamarine, Crystal divers, Absolute Scuba, not yet Bali Hai (Reading forum advise aswell). Look all good to me, but some travelling is involved if you want dive different dive sites like Penida, Padang Bai, Tulamben, Pemuteran and hope to see sunfish.

We can stay for a few nights mear every dive site, but live aboard seemed a great solution to me.

Has anybody experience with liveaboard in Bali ? Any advise welcome.

Thanks, MC

Not sure about liveaboards in Bali, but you don't really need one. I've been diving with AquaMarine the last four years, doing the sites you mention. Most of the drive times around the island are not that long (1.5-3 hrs). Just Kuta to Secret Bay is maybe 4 hrs. Good resorts at all locations. Boats to Nusa Penida usually leave from Padang Bai. If you dive Tulamben also go to Seraya. Not sure what you're looking for besides molas, but Bali has excellent muck dives for the unusual critters.

We just got back from 7 nights on the Komodo Dancer. I am working on a trip report, but the long and short of it is that it was an unbelievable trip.

Highly recommended.

Thanks for the replies. Komodo is defintely for another trip. And the Komodo dancer trip looks amazing. There is a lot about Bali dive destinations, but not a lot about the liveaboard around Bali. I guess the only operator that does LB, are Crystal divers. I just wonders what the experience is with them and if it is worth paying more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom