http://www.diveheart.org/

Where can I donate used scuba/snorkel gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeep4wdva

Reaction score
Seems like a simple question, right?

Not so.

I am looking for some kinda non-profit that is looking for good, used masks, fins, snorkels and other misc dive gear I have accumulated. The links I find are either no longer working or no longer accepting goods.

Anyone have any ideas/know of any orgs I can help??

Thanks!
Bryan

What about that group that teaches injured soldiers how to scuba dive? I have heard people talk about them several times on the board. If no else gives a link I can try to find it if you are interested.

Dive Pirate's Foundation is a good organization. They work with adpative/disabled divers. I have been told that they take donated equipment.

The Diveheart foundation takes gear donations as well. We work with the disabled to teach them to dive as well as work to spread awareness of special needs divers to bring even more acceptance of their activities to the overall dive community.

goto http://www.diveheart.org for more info

Have contacted Dive Pirates and Dive Heart - will let you know what I hear back from them. Thanks for the suggestions, folks! And if anyone else has ideas, let me know!!

Check out reefs101.com....we are a non profit based in Fort Lauderdale Florida. It may fit the profile of what you are looking to do. We have a outreach programs that intorduces people to scuba. Our main focus is building man made reefs in South Florida. Take a look.
www.reefs101.com

CO III

we can take all gear and donations (EAGLE DIVERS)

Tedd Reesman
Eagle Divers Inc.
PO Box 1109
Ft Campbell, KY 42223
reesmantedda at hottmail.com ATTN: Eagle Divers
(931) 249-5647

Seems like a simple question, right?

Not so.

I am looking for some kinda non-profit that is looking for good, used masks, fins, snorkels and other misc dive gear I have accumulated. The links I find are either no longer working or no longer accepting goods.

Anyone have any ideas/know of any orgs I can help??

Thanks!
Bryan
If Fort Lauderdale, Florida is a convenient location, we (Divers Discount Florida) are hosting the SUDS Flea Market on March 14 & 15, 2009 and March 13 & 14, 2010. We are accepting donations, new & used equipment, in resale condition, sponsors and volunteers for this project. Volunteers from South Florida Divers will be staffing the event at 2071 South Federal Hwy. Our website, sudsfleamarket.com will be up any day now. For detalis, contact Divers Discount Florida.

Back
Top Bottom