Great Fireworks Show at Muanalua Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

L

Lopaka

Edit: sorry about the Muanalua Bay misspell, edit won't allow typo correction of titles

First time show in Hawaii Kai, and they fireworks were awesome. Kapono playing just before the show was not too shabby either.:14:

My wife and I grabbed a primo spot right on the water (heck, that describes most anywhere in the area) a couple hours early and kicked back to listen to the music. An old landing craft came cruising into the bay around 6:45 and stopped about 200 yards out. That was the fireworks boat. HPD had a couple boats scurrying around clearing the area and stopping by other boats. Mebbe checking the boaters (lots of boats out there) for booze, dunno what the law says about that. Kind of cheesy if you can't have a beer on your boat.

The fireworks were the best I have seen for many years, maybe ever, really serious boomers, not the neutered stuff the mainland likes (tolerates) these days. Got in on video, but I was so close that the camera could not go wideangle enough to get it all. (Note to self: bring WA attachment lens next time). I'll hook it up to the TV to see if is is worthy of a DVD. Never shot fireworks before...............

I hope the Hawaii Kai Ch. of Comm. can keep this up. Sure looked like a resounding success. Not bad, 5 min. drive from home, park by Costco, and a 5 min. walk to the shore. Coming back after the show, the HPD showed great aloha letting the crowd jaywalk across K highway, when they could have been dorks and made everyone use the crosswalk...............

Hope everyone else had a great Fourth and enjoyed a show. Hawaiians know their fireworks, no doubt..........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom