Fin Sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dschonbrun

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey Nick,

I can't find shoe-size ranges published for the Hollis Fins. I'm a size 9 US / 43 EU interested in picking up a pair. I typicaly wear soft-soled booties in 5mm neoprene.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
David

I have a similar question... I wear size 10 whites shoes with my drysuit. I find the pocket on the turtle fins just a tiny bit loose - should I go for XL or XXL?

Hey Nick,

I can't find shoe-size ranges published for the Hollis Fins. I'm a size 9 US / 43 EU interested in picking up a pair. I typicaly wear soft-soled booties in 5mm neoprene.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
David

Hi David,

Thanks for the questions. The size chart can be found here:
Hollis Gear: F1

Based upon your size i would suggest a LG/Reg

Regards,

I have a similar question... I wear size 10 whites shoes with my drysuit. I find the pocket on the turtle fins just a tiny bit loose - should I go for XL or XXL?

Hi DJ,

If your current fins are fitting a little loose and you are a size 10, try the XL in the lowest spring setting. The foot pocket width should be just right but on the long side since these are rated for 11-12's.

Check out the nearest Hollis dealer for a fit test. XL sizes are shipping this week.

Regards,

Check out the nearest Hollis dealer for a fit test. XL sizes are shipping this week.

Regards,

Nick, the nearest Hollis dealer to me is four hours away by car. I will try the XL's if I can find an online vendor that will get them this week. Thanks.

Nick,

How do the sizes compare to Mares Fins? I currently wear XL Avanti Quattro and was wondering what size F1s to buy

Thanks
Brendan

I have a pair of Whites Evo 3 size 8 boot's. They seem to have a high arch. The boots are slightly too big for a pair of XL jets. They go in about 85-90% of the way.

Would you recommend the XL or the XXL in the F1.

Nick,

How do the sizes compare to Mares Fins? I currently wear XL Avanti Quattro and was wondering what size F1s to buy

Thanks
Brendan

Hi Brendan,

What is your shoe size? What type of boots are you currently diving?

You would most likely be an XL, however i need to know these few details.

Thanks,

Nick

I have a pair of Whites Evo 3 size 8 boot's. They seem to have a high arch. The boots are slightly too big for a pair of XL jets. They go in about 85-90% of the way.

Would you recommend the XL or the XXL in the F1.

Although I dont have experience with those boots, it would seem based upon your shoe size and previous fins that XL F1's in the lowest spring setting would be your best bet. XL's are designed for shoe sizes between 11-12, depending on boot of course. Since your boot has a "high arch" as you say, the XL foot pocket has the right height but it will need to be adjusted to remove the extra play front to back.

I suggest trying on a pair before you purchase anything. Click on the dealer locator below to find a Hollis dealer in your area. Where To Buy Hollis Gear

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom