Genesis React Computer, Anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KZMAN

Reaction score
Anyone out there own a Genesis React/Nitrox, and have problems switching from Nitrox to air?, or visa versa. I know the manual states; that once in Nitrox mode, you must wait 24hrs for it to reset,(which I have done) But even still I cannot get it back to air. My last trip I just set it at 21%, which I guess is ok, But before I send it back, I was hoping for some feedback on any trick that I may be missing.
Another issue; Do you find that your ascent meter way too conservative to a fault?
Thanks in advance for any help!

KZMAN once bubbled...
Anyone out there own a Genesis React/Nitrox, and have problems switching from Nitrox to O2?, or visa versa. Another issue; Do you find that your ascent meter way too conservative to a fault?

First, you mean "air" instead of "O2"

I have the Nitrox Resource (one button model). My computer defaults to 50% FO2 after it has been set to anything other than air. If you dive air after a nitrox dive, setting it to an FO2 of 21% is the correct procedure.

The ascent meter is practically worthless. I use my depth gauge, ears, and eyes.

I have the Nitrox ReAct and observe the same as Stone. After a "trox" dive, a switch to dive air is accomplished by simply setting the FO2 to 21%. Air and EANx 21% are the same thing!

According to my instruction manual, your computer is operating perfectly. It is supposed to default to 50%.

Adam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom