Looking to buy the Citizen JV0010-08E??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mwa1007

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have been looking at the Citizen JV0010-08E dive watch and would like to know if there's anyone out there that has experience with this watch? In particular, can the watch be set to standard or metric for depth and temp? I am interested in setting to standard (ft. and Fahrenheit) but cannot find anything on the Citizen site. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Yea, I have that file but cannot find anything about whether you can set it to imperial and/or metric. Thanks though.

I have about the same watch, JV00050-03E (same functions) but I have never seen any setting for feet or Fahrenheit.. only 12H/24H clock.

If you search the PDF above for celcius, fahrenheit or feet.. nothing comes up so I think it is not possible. I think that is because the scale of the depthand is in meters, it could work in feet but then it would go offscale after 100feet.

Besides that, it is a great watch for backup to my computer. It even tracks surface-time!

Last edited:
Most Citizen Dive Watches come in either English/Imperial or Metric and you cannot switch between them.

I have both a Hyper Aqualand and a Cyber Aqualand Nx and there is no switching.

I have about the same watch, JV00050-03E (same functions) but I have never seen any setting for feet or Fahrenheit.. only 12H/24H clock.

If you search the PDF above for celcius, fahrenheit or feet.. nothing comes up so I think it is not possible. I think that is because the scale of the depthand is in meters, it could work in feet but then it would go offscale after 100feet.

Besides that, it is a great watch for backup to my computer. It even tracks surface-time!

I use mine for a time piece mostly, as I have two computers to include a Suunto Mosquito and a panel type air integrated computer.So I guess its a back-up too.

Mine reads in reads in Fahrenheit and Feet, so I have never tried and/or looked to try and make changes, since that is what I normally use. Perhaps the watches are sold with either/or on these things. I did check the manual (When all else fails.) and there wasn't anything on changing these factors in the manual. The depth gauge numbers on the dial of the watch read in feet (0 —300 feet.)

I have noticed that the auto-water sensor will change into dive mode at times, when you are sweating hard (Hot tropical climate) or if you splash water when washing your hands. It seems to be pretty sensitive.

I wish there was a locking adjustable metal wrist band for this watch, as the rubber one, is not only ugly, but at times uncomfortable for me, as I wear it 24/7.

Mike,
You have to specify the units you want when you buy. I've had this watch for a couple of years now, and it works very well. I have had it as deep as 195' with no issues. Keep in mind this is a very large watch, and if you do not wear it regularly you will have to leave it where some sunlight can get to it to keep if charged.
Safe Dives
Charlie
I have been looking at the Citizen JV0010-08E dive watch and would like to know if there's anyone out there that has experience with this watch? In particular, can the watch be set to standard or metric for depth and temp? I am interested in setting to standard (ft. and Fahrenheit) but cannot find anything on the Citizen site. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks for your help. I did get the watch (in imperial) and like it very much. I too would prefer a metal band WolfE. If anyone know of one, please let us know. Thanks again.

Thanks for your help. I did get the watch (in imperial) and like it very much. I too would prefer a metal band WolfE. If anyone know of one, please let us know. Thanks again.

Will do! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom