How 'bout a hand for the Site Support folks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beachman

Reaction score
I posted this on Site Support a couple days ago, but apparently nobody goes there because I can't believe most of you don't agree.

"As I was reviewing "new posts" tonight I spotted a very good suggestion that it would be nice if you could restrict this selection to only the specific forums in which you were interested. Really gave me a few nostalgic thoughts.

As a member I go back to mid-2000, and remember vividly when this sight was not much more than a couple dedicated folks trying to create an alternative to the "established" sites. Unless you were there, like a few were, you wouldn't believe what the beginning REALLY was like!

When I now see the organization, simple navigation, features, user friendliness, and value of this site, and reflect back to its beginings, frankly it's awesome.

Many, many cudos folks. You've really done it!

When you have to start giving members an ability to sort out the 200 +/- posts every 24 hours to keep up with things, I think I'd call that success. Frankly, there are times when I wish it wasn't so popular.......used to be easier to keep up with 10 posts on a day.....but then I realize I wouldn't have access to so much good stuff from so many diverse people with a multitude of experiences.

Just keep adding the "sort and ignore" features to the site. It's by far the best dive site on the net."

Anyone agree?

I always will give fellow IT staff a hand, just because I know how thankless of a job it can be. I'm a network admin for a living.

That is why, at 10pm right now, I am remoted (not really a word...I know, who cares) into my network working on an server...without getting paid overtime.

Gotta love it.

So yeah - here's to all the headaches you've never whined about, the server crashes you've spent hours recovering from and all the other fun stuff that goes with it.

And last but most definitely not least - damn good forum too :)

i agree beachman, i new diver and have found this place great for info many thanks to those who make this happen the searches have helped me heaps :)

I have to agree with you. This site has helped me survive the "cancelled dive trip blues" this weekend.

This is a very good site! I think the support group as well as all the participants deserve recognition.

I've learned so much as a new diver and feel that the posts are great. It's easy to move around and find things you're interested in learning, you don't have to sift through much.

It's also fun to see the non-diving stuff yet you're not forced to read it.

I saw this yesterday, and got sidetracked

Indeed a thank you and hats off to the techie type.

I was so please withthe potential of this board, I found some simialr type software & started one for our sailing club. I just hope it has .01% of the succes this one has had.

A little like Omicron, I've had the (mis?)pleasure of keeping a (small) network operational.

The only time they ever acknowledge you exist is when it's DOWN!

Keep up the great work. Few of the members have any idea what goes on behind the scenes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom