Dahab dive sites suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

martinetti

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello, I would like to know which are the best dive sites in Dahab for a beginner Open Water diver...

Thank you very much.

Definitely "The Islands"! - It is a really beautifyl coral landscape with lots of life

I also enjoyed Rick's Reef a lot - as a beginner OW you won't get to do the canyon, but you'll probably get to look down in the Canoyn during this dive (really cool).

I found Dahab to be great (I am/was a beginner OW as well) and never really experienced any dive sites that I would regard as poor. The two mentioned just springs to mind as the two best experiences for me.

For OW, def the Islands! You can go there 3 times!!! eel Garden is also nice!

I was also wondering if Gabr El Bint would be appropriate since I am a newly certified Open Water diver... this site looks great!

Be carefull of strong currents while diving at Gabr el Bint, I found the spot a bit too challenging for beginners. However, the two dives I had there, were one of the best I had in the Red Sea (from around 70 in Dahab and Sharm). Lovely spot!

I reckon the best dives (for anyone, as long as the dive guide is competant) are Um Sid, Canyon table (especially with the teeth cleaning wrasse) & Islands.

I live and work here and I guide these dives.

There is also nothing to say you cannot go to the Blue Hole and do the Blue Hole garden (to the right)

All dive sites in Dahab are good:)

For me the first time I went then agree the islands was my favourite. I dont think you have to plan to much with Dahab as its a great place with many good dive sites.

I have seen lots of Ow divers go to Gabr El Bint. I have also seen many of them dissapointed as they were not prepared for the currents and sometimes choppy seas which make the entry and exit off the boat difficult. If you decide to go as OW just have a chat with the DM about proper entry/exit methods, and be prepared and you will enjoy the dives greatly.

Back
Top Bottom