Flooded VEO 250

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oldschool

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A couple of weeks ago I was making my 100th logged dive at Lake Travis, TX. I was ascending feet first down the bouy line to a boat 40' below. My VEO 250 activated as normal as soon as I hit the water. About 15' down, I check my computer and suprise.... the screen is blank. Not a good thing. I surfaced immediately, handed my computer to the captian, and continued my dive using my watch/depth guage. While I was finishing my dive, the captian openend up the computer, took out the battery and drained what water he could. The next day, it was taken to my LDS who shipped it off to Oceanic. My question is what is the chance the computer will survive? It was fresh water and the battery was removed immediately. The night before, I replaced the battery. Obviously, I didn't close it properly even though I've changed it before with no problems. I hate the thought of having to buy a new one. Has anyone else had this happen and what was the results?

I had an Oceanic...don't remember the model number... same thing... flooded and dead. The dive shop indicated if you get 2 years... your lucky. Haven't bought a replacement yet. Anybody have suggestions on one that last's longer?

Your shop is full of it. I've got over 200 dives on my veo 200 and have replaced the battery twice in nearly 4 years now. It's been to Bonaire in 80 degree water and down to 155 feet in Lake Erie in 38 degree water with no issues at all. Depending on how old the op's is you may be getting a new one. Oceanic's customer service is second to none. I'd appreciate an update when you get word. You can also PM Doug Krause in the Oceanic forum. He'll personally look into it as he's done for so many people on this board.

.. The dive shop indicated if you get 2 years... your lucky....

Huh:shakehead: I agree with JimLap. I have a Genisis React Pro (eesentially the same thing) and just replaced the battery after two years, 70 dives. It's just as new. I know several others who run their pucks for many years.

Maybe your LDS needes to clear stock:wink:

I've done 100 dives on mine in a year and I seem to need to replace the battery on an annual basis. Maybe its just the way it sits in the hose mount that puts pressure on the side button which causes it to light up more than it should and eat battery life. I have an Atom 2 right now and dive with the Veo every dive as it trust it more than the Atom, which seems to occasionally slip into gauge mode.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom