Tampa or Ft. Lauderdale?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a group of guys looking to do some diving the last weekend of July. We can get cheap airfare to either Ft. Lauderdale or Tampa. I've never dove in either locale. Does anyone have any experience in either location, or ideally in both? I'd like some recommendations for 6 dives in one area or the other, as well some opinions on both locales. We are open to shore or boat dives. I am an AOW diver with 174 logged dives, and my buddy is also AOW with around 100 dives. We are diving with 2 newbies, both recently certified. One was certified off the coast of Carolina, the other at Pelham. Neither have experienced some good ocean dives. I'd prefer a place with good visibility. The new divers would prefer to hit wrecks, though I prefer reef dives. We'd be open to anything though.

TIA

I haven't done much on the Gulf coast, but I can highly recommend Fort Lauderdale. I don't really hear much about Tampa diving, but there is tons of stuff in FTL; shore, wreck, reef dives...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom