Ok Hollis give me the scoop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob Vincent

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
St. Louis Missouri / Diver's Paradise NOT!
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I've been using Oceanic for awhile. First the Zeta then the Delta 4's / FDX-10's. They worked really well fairly deep 2+. and in cold water. From the Great Lakes to local quarries.

Now I'm looking to move again which I do every few years. Can you answer these few questions?

The EOS breaths better than the Delta 4 ... fact as so say your company.
The EOS and the 212 second stages is the same except for cosmetics, right?
The HOLLIS 212 / w/ the swivel turret out breathes the rest of the HOLLIS family reg's, right?
The HOLLIS 212 / and 1st without the swivel looks like the FDX-10, yes? no?
Does the Aeris ION breathe better than the EOS/FDX-10?
Is the ION on a CDX-5/4 design?

I'd be so gratefully for a real answer. Either here are private message. :popcorn:

I've been using Oceanic for awhile. First the Zeta then the Delta 4's / FDX-10's. They worked really well fairly deep 2+. and in cold water. From the Great Lakes to local quarries.

Now I'm looking to move again which I do every few years. Can you answer these few questions?

The EOS breaths better than the Delta 4 ... fact as so say your company.
The EOS and the 212 second stages is the same except for cosmetics, right?
The HOLLIS 212 / w/ the swivel turret out breathes the rest of the HOLLIS family reg's, right?
The HOLLIS 212 / and 1st without the swivel looks like the FDX-10, yes? no?
Does the Aeris ION breathe better than the EOS/FDX-10?
Is the ION on a CDX-5/4 design?

I'd be so gratefully for a real answer. Either here are private message. :popcorn:

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the questions!

To start off, i should say that in my opinion the 212/EOS 2nd stage is the best breathing reg we have ever produced. Besides a few minor cosmetics, purge cover, style ring, dive/pre dive switch, ect, they are a similar 2nd stage.

The 212/DC1 (swivel turret) has been given a perfect rating in breathing performance. A close second in those same tests was the 212/DC2 (forged body) which recieved 4/5. One could say that the 212/DC1 breathes the best. But in reality, they both breathe great and probably no different from one diver to the next.

What it really boils down to is whether you prefer the swivel turret style, or the more compact fixed turret design. They are both are priced the same and perform relatively similar.

DC2 1st stage is a different body than the FDX-10. It also does not have the option of DVT. Do they both perform well? YES.

For more info on Oceanic or Aeris products, please forward your questions to Doug in their specific forums. He will be able to give you more accurate information than I can.

Thanks,

Nick

Thank You ...

The word is around the St. Louis area your pretty much on the ball ... just alittle hear-say:)

Hi Nick,
You should think about doing so it would tip the balance in my case, and to be honest being excluded from such a wonderful deal makes me very hesitant to purchase from you... At least until the offer is over.

Back
Top Bottom