Best compact complete TUBBATAHA report in Philippines Graphic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dingho

Contributor
Reaction score
local magazine PHILIPPINE GRAPHIC July 14 pp21 have one of the most impressive, most complete report on our own Tubbataha, as one of the remainding u/w wonder in this part of the world. it mention most of the big fishes and rare small living things there. it even have statistic report by renounce international research institution. but I heard some of us who been there this season may contra what the report said. researcher go deep with rebreather, they seen it, when I dove thru the deep edge, on my third dives this season, (with 4 shanghai tec instructors) i saw almost 90 % of most of the biggies the magazine mention. since planet earth warm up, thats why most of the beggies go deep. even the nurseshark I cradled with on 18 meter ledge last year, now they stay at 30 meter ledge. to make sure you see them next trip, you must first prepare yourself physically fit, acquire more diving knowledge, read previous reef dive articles. economically speaking, dive Twinset w/plan decompression, make good use of your two gas computer (most of the diver have it, but don't know how to use it!) and dive with a same level buddy, go on your own, but let the divemaster know, just incase, he know where to find your body!since I learn twinset diving from TechDive-it Academy, Philippines, Oriental Mindoro, Puerto Galera, Big Lalaguna (sorry to mention, but I like PSAI better, you can see my post with the old guru on my WEB) I make good use of it, with my shanghai tecdive instructors that learn from TechDive-it Academy, Philippines, Oriental Mindoro, Puerto Galera, Big Lalaguna I felt safe dove with twintank to see most of the biggies! of cause if you have extra cash, the best way is still dive with rebreathers, at TechDive-it Academy, Philippines, Oriental Mindoro, Puerto Galera, Big Lalaguna they even let you try out their difference set before you decide w/c one to learn. on this last season at Tubbataha I saw 90 % of the big fishes, since my housing and insurance don't allow me to dive deeper than 45 meters. (I read the article, free from a open copy at National book store, not able to read the writter name, because the salelady is pushsy. I wonder who the very knowledgeble reporter name?, he real good as a writer). I wish some one at S.B. is from Puerto Princesa, please send some copies to those illegal fishermen hang free at the city Bay Walk, while waiting for their court hearing. so that they realize Tubbataha belong to the Philippines.
and Home - Liveaboard Scuba Diving in the Philippines, Palau, Truk Lagoon still the best means for the Tubbataha trip, they are still the biggest donor to the reef fund according to the rangers, station there. but I wish the fleet owner employ more Pinoy boat manager, since they are local and they knew better than the transition imported one, base on my 16th trips experiences ride on the liveaboard. (sorry, this my longest, one day from know have to work again!)
change address Ding Ho's Philippine Islands Adventures

.......is it me or....well, it is me....?

OK, not being sarcastic here ... I don't understand the OP's point about Tubbataha. I'm interested because we're seriously considering going there in April '09, with the intention of seeing more big animals than macro critters. Is his point that the big stuff is going deeper, or something else? Is there something changing about the character of Tubbataha?

Back
Top Bottom