Discovery Divers - Coron, Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snattrass

New
Reaction score
I'm thinking of diving the wrecks around Coron, Philippines in Oct, planning on staying with Discovery Divers who seem to be the best source for diving twins.

Does anyone have any recent experience with them or pics of the resort?

I dived Coron a couple of years ago and stayed in this Philippino B&B (DARAYONAN - A place like home) which was great, allowed me to wander into a bar or two, visit the French bistro, travel to the hot springs on the evening. So I'm kind of wary about getting stuck on a resort and being bored.:(

Simon

French Bistro in Coron? I would have never guessed... But then I haven't been back there since late 90's. I just remember a pretty sleepy little rural town with squealing pigs back then...

2nd the recommendation for Disco Divers.

I'm thinking of diving the wrecks around Coron, Philippines in Oct, planning on staying with Discovery Divers who seem to be the best source for diving twins.

Does anyone have any recent experience with them or pics of the resort?

I dived Coron a couple of years ago and stayed in this Philippino B&B (DARAYONAN - A place like home) which was great, allowed me to wander into a bar or two, visit the French bistro, travel to the hot springs on the evening. So I'm kind of wary about getting stuck on a resort and being bored.:(

Simon

To get to discovery divers, you have to take a boat (provided by DD) from the main island. It's a bit isolated because when we were there, we didn't get to tour the town proper. That and we were only there for a weekend. :boings:

here's a trip report on coron in 2006: Coron Trip Report 2006

more pictures from our multiply account here

and here

i only got to tour coron on my second visit and we also stayed in Darayonan. That was one laid back place to stay in. i loved it. and I miss their coffee...

:D

Yeah I'd heard that Gunter's was the place to go, although I still really fancying staying at Daryonan.

If you can dig the pics out I'd love to see them.

Simon

Discovery Divers: Wreck Tek & scuba diving in Coron, Palawan, Phlippines

Gunter is the Guru for Coron Wreck diving indeed......he is the originator and runs a top notch dive shop. His place is situated on a small island about 10 minute boat ride from town proper, nice n cozy. I will see if I can post some of my pics from my trip there in May 06.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom