Best Sub 400$ Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

technobro

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Sup guys n gurls

Whitch computer would you recommended for a 400$ or less budget and why ?

I would like to keep it for years,grow whit it .
Reliable, easy to use, user battery changeable, Clearly loud audible, flashing light alarm. Thats pretty much what i think right now
Thanks.

I am looking for a sure shot , bang for the buck , Rock solid !

CRESSI SUB ARCHIMEDE II WRIST 279$
AERIS XR1 WRIST DIVE COMPUTER 279$
MARES PUCK WRIST COMPUTER 280$
MARES M2 WRIST COMPUTER edit : (199)
Mares Nemo Sport Dive Computer 300$
AERIS MANTA WATCH DIVE COMPUTER 300$
Sherwood WR0726 InSight Nitrox Computer wrist 290$
OCEANIC GEO WATCH PDC 300$
Suunto Mosquito Wrist Dive Computer 314$
Suunto "Gekko" Air/Nitrox Wrist Computer, 275$
Oceanic 250 275$

EDIT: I am looking for a wirst style comp, No need for Integrated air ...

Last edited:
I vote for one you don't have listed...

Since your title said sub $400. TUSA IQ 700 $389

iq700.jpg

It has great software you can use to download your dives, the computer is very easy to use and read. Nitrox compatible and can be used for 2 tanks with different gases on 1 dive.

It is also sold as a Dive Rite computer but they sell theirs for over $400.....

Thanks for ur reply , I also belive its the ''Cressi-Sub Archimede II ''

From what i read on some review the Alarm is not loud enough, and very conservative.

I might consider it, really like the big digit , But do you find it audible ?

Sup guys n gurls

Whitch computer would you recommended for a 400$ or less budget and why ?

I would like to keep it for years,grow whit it .
Reliable, easy to use, user battery changeable, Clearly loud audible, flashing light alarm. Thats pretty much what i think right now
Thanks.

I am looking for a sure shot , bang for the buck , Rock solid !

CRESSI SUB ARCHIMEDE II WRIST 279$
AERIS XR1 WRIST DIVE COMPUTER 279$
MARES PUCK WRIST COMPUTER 280$
MARES M2 WRIST COMPUTER 280$
Mares Nemo Sport Dive Computer 300$
AERIS MANTA WATCH DIVE COMPUTER 300$
Sherwood WR0726 InSight Nitrox Computer wrist 290$
OCEANIC GEO WATCH PDC 300$
Suunto Mosquito Wrist Dive Computer 314$
Suunto "Gekko" Air/Nitrox Wrist Computer, 275$
Oceanic 250 275$

I love my Mares M2. You said it cost $280? Do I have good news for you!!! Go to scubatoys.com and look at their prices. You will find that it costs only $199 from them. And..... if you make 10 posts on the the scubatoys forum, they give you a $10 gift certificate! If I were you I'd buy the Mares. You can use that other $100 to buy something else!

Well its a typo error , its 199 pretty much everywhere

from what i read its a bit hard to read, button are hard to push and some complaint about no Nitrogen Tissue loading bar .

I really like the fact that it use 2 AAA bat , and the price is really affordable but i dont mind paying 100 or 200 more if its worth it. i am considering it.

Our family has 4 divers and 1 about to finish ther certification.
We currently have 4 of the IQ700 units.. Love them. Have no issue hearing ours and we even hear our kids when theirs sounds the alarm as well.

We plan on buying 3 more IQ 700s. The wife and I want backups so we can dive with 2 units..

What I like about the Tusa unit is that you dont have to lick your fingers to get into any screen. Just press the buttons.. Software is free from Tusa website. Download adapter is USB and not very expensive.

Thanks for ur reply , I also belive its the ''Cressi-Sub Archimede II ''

From what i read on some review the Alarm is not loud enough, and very conservative.

I might consider it, really like the big digit , But do you find it audible ?

The computer is made by SEIKO I believe and is marketed by several manufacturers.

I find the alarm loud enough. I have the TUSA, I now use it as a backup and 2 other divers I dive with also use the TUSA. They all love theirs and I can hear there ascent alarms even when I am not right next to them.

You can set different "safety factors" to be more conservative on your dives (or where you talking about the alarm being not loud enough = too conservative)?

I also like the user changeable batteries and that the batteries can be found at almost any store (walmart, cvs etc) and that you can change the sampling rate... Only thing I do not like is if you dive nitrox, it will reset itself after 6 or 12 hours to the default and if you forget to set it you will get a PO2 warning. That only happened once and right after I started diving nitrox.....

This is the same computer as the DiveRite Nitek Duo. I bought two of these and the docking station with download software all for $800 in February.

:D

I vote for one you don't have listed...

Since your title said sub $400. TUSA IQ 700 $389

iq700.jpg

It has great software you can use to download your dives, the computer is very easy to use and read. Nitrox compatible and can be used for 2 tanks with different gases on 1 dive.

Back
Top Bottom