Jetstream / Xstream setup questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

law717

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello

I just wanted to say that I am a great fan of Dive Rite.

I dive a Transpac II and my wife and I each use the Jetstream / Xstream setup with the 2015 as or secondary backup regulator.

I have 2 questions

# 1 question is I understand that Dive Rite is having some changes made to the 4500 package. Is this a change Dive Rite wants or is this a change Poseidon is doing. Also can you elaborate on the changes or tell me I am mistaken?

# 2 question is does Dive Rite offer the parts warranty on the 4500 package and or would you guess on how much the average maintenance for the 4500 package runs.

Thanks Otto

Hi Otto,

Thanks for your inquiry. The new Jetstream DR is a product made specifically for Dive Rite upon our request. The regulator has been redesigned for use with a standard 3/8'' LP hose, meaning you can now switch out hoses easily instead of having to purchase a custom hose. Renamed the "Jetstream DR", the regulator now has the over-pressurization valve located in the first stage rather than on the custom LP hose. The Jetstream is sold as a complete regulator: the second stage cannot be used with a standard downstream first stage as this eliminates the OP valve.

We do not offer the lifetime parts warranty as we do on our other regs. The parts for a service kit are about $60, labor depends on the dealer that you service the regulator with.

If you have any other questions do not hesitate to contact us.

Best,
Ag

Hello

I just wanted to say that I am a great fan of Dive Rite.

I dive a Transpac II and my wife and I each use the Jetstream / Xstream setup with the 2015 as or secondary backup regulator.

I have 2 questions

# 1 question is I understand that Dive Rite is having some changes made to the 4500 package. Is this a change Dive Rite wants or is this a change Poseidon is doing. Also can you elaborate on the changes or tell me I am mistaken?

# 2 question is does Dive Rite offer the parts warranty on the 4500 package and or would you guess on how much the average maintenance for the 4500 package runs.

Thanks Otto

Hello Dive Rite,
I have a few questions I hope you can answer. 1) On your Jetstream DR your brochure says it has 4 LP ports. The standard Poseidon has 5 LP ports. Is this a misprint in your brochure? 2) The nomad has a different bungee arrangement than I've seen on other side mount BCD's. Does yours hold the tanks in as close as the standard loop style? Why the difference.
Thanks in advance, it's really appreciated.
George

Hello Dive Rite,
I have a few questions I hope you can answer. 1) On your Jetstream DR your brochure says it has 4 LP ports. The standard Poseidon has 5 LP ports. Is this a misprint in your brochure? 2) The nomad has a different bungee arrangement than I've seen on other side mount BCD's. Does yours hold the tanks in as close as the standard loop style? Why the difference.
Thanks in advance, it's really appreciated.
George

Hi George,

The Jetstream DR has five standard 3/8-inch LP ports, two 7/16 HP ports. For up-to-date tech specs visit our site:
SCUBA Diving Equipment for Technical, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Product Catalog - Jetstream DR

There are two ways you can attach the tanks to the Nomad: you can use the bungees and slip them around the regulator, or use our choker system. For more information about these options check out our Solution Finder, 'How do I set up my Nomad for Sidemount diving?
SCUBA Diving Equipment for Technical, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Solution Finder

If you have additional questions don't hesitate to ask, we'll be happy to help.

Best,
Ag

Back
Top Bottom