New to Area, just saying hi.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ndemeis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just wanted to say hi and get a feel for the area. I'm still a relatively new diver but i'm going to be moving to Boston in August (the 15th to be exact) and will be there for two weeks before moving again, but will return next summer. I was hoping to get some info on diving there and finding some people to dive with for the two weeks i was their (till august 29th) as i won't be working and will have lots of time to dive, something that i don't have right now.

Again just saying hi for the time being and watching the forum so if your looking for a new dive buddy let me know.

There are some good charter boats on the North Shore (Cape Ann area - 15 miles North of Boston). Depending on your experience, this may or may not be a good option. The first is Fran Marcoux on Daybreaker ((508) 873-8339 or (508) 335-6339) (no website). The second is Cape Ann Divers (www.capeanndivers.com). I have done dives with both and always had a great time and felt I got a fair deal. They're both very active, so you may be able to find an insta-buddy. If you're not comfortable diving alone (I ended up on the Poling stern alone once, but was fine), you may want to book with a buddy.

There are also some active clubs in the area. The North Shore Frogmen meet in Beverly every Thursday (www.northshorefrogmen.com) and always seem to have some sort of dive going on. My club, United Divers of Central Massachusetts (www.uniteddivers.org) has dives going on almost every weekend on Cape Ann and some during the week.

You should be able to find some diving opportunities around here.

For a more complete listing of potential contacts, check out:

Clubs: www.divenewengland.com/clubs.php
Shops: www.divenewengland.com/shops.php
Charters: www.divenewengland.com/charters.php
Sites: www.divenewengland.com/cape_ann.html

I hope you get to enjoy some safe diving when you're here.

Thanks everyone for the info. I am a pretty new diver so i would really be looking for more experienced people to dive with and i would love to find a buddy if i was going to do any of the charters.

Will look into all the info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom