Cheap used computer - tutor or Aladin pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ants

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

As an occasional / vacation diver I only want a basic computer, and currently have the old Sunnto solution, which I can never remember how to use properley (my dives are infrequent), and even though I have a technical background I still find it somewhat user unfriendly (oh and the battery is now flat).

So looking for a (used) replacement, and have narrowed it down to maybe a Mares Tutor or Aladin Pro.

Any preferances / thoughts between these two, or other suggestions in the used budget catagory?

Thanks Anthony

Might be able to find a used Veo 100 out there....good very basic computer.......

$150 will get you a new aeris xr1.

Mares MR2 can be had new for $200ish on line. Takes 2 AAA batteries that I remove between infrequent dive trips. Does nitrox and can download to a pc with an additional $100 interface kit.

It loses the time and date with battery removal but remembers all your other settings.

Sorry should have said I am in the UK so things are a bit more expensive over here :-( , and if we import from US we get hit with alot of tax and postage charges, hence the going down the used route. That said I have found a Veo 100vx for equivelent of $250 new here in UK, so thats an option albeit stretching the budget somewhat.

Do you think the Veo100 is notably better than the Mares tutor (or now old) Aladin pro, either of which I can pick up used for about half the cost of the new Veo100?

Thanks Anthony

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom