Clark Hill/ Augusta GA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Two great dives today. Dive one was downward to the 100' wall for some mapping (working on map 2.0) of the extended section of the wall. Entanglement at 96' due to a redneck anchor (concrete block with rope that had accumulated a lot of monofilament). I cut away most of the monofilament (all over the wall), but plan to totally remove this hazard next dive in this spot. From there we went upwall to the forest, the two big stumps, back down to the wall for more mapping stuff, then south along the north wall to the big stump, the 55' wall, the trench, the angel statue, the gnome rock (horse head skull has been totally trashed - it was on the rock with the gnome (possibly large cat -or inconsiderate diver- knocked it off as I've seen one on the rock before) and then to the clark hill "kelp" forest -some type of hydrilla that grows each summer and creates a haven for bass hatchlings, small sunfish etc and those who hunt them. 96' for a dive time of 62 minutes. Dive two was a dive through the hydrilla (got to remember the correct name for this stuff, it starts with an "E"), through the trench, the entire 80' wall south (vis was 20' here today), the missle, the three big rocks, the plane (biggest crappie I've ever seen and three bass). We repaired the line down to the plane. Then it was onward to the ski boat, the rocks for a way...extended safety stop. Then our exit. 86' for a dive time of 1:15. Beautiful day. Met some nice Vidalia divers. Tomorrow (Sunday), 2 dives at 1pm. Vis is good above 20' and below 40' (plane is clear). thermoclines in action.

Thanks for the great report as usual diveprof.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom