What's a diver to do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

slowdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
I am interested in hearing what others do when your gear is packed and your heart was set to get wet but the dive was cancelled due to the weather. I just can't get motivated to do anything else.;-0

I pout all day like a little child that had his heart set on going to Disney then was ruthlessly turned down. :D

How bad does your weather have to be in order for a dive to be cancelled?
Or I guess I should ask, what constitutes bad weather in your area?

Just curious!:wink:

Waves of epic proportions and lightning has to be hitting the water!

Since November, I've had 6 So Cal trips cancelled due to weather.

SIX

Welcome to Winter So Cal Boat Diving. Where were you supposed to go? I'm (supposed to be) going to Avalon tomorrow. I called Cat Express and they were running all day, and as of about 7:00 tonight are planning on going tomorrow.

Did you get clipped off a local boat....? I feel your pain, man.

Here's my version of same.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22622

So Cal Winter Diving still blows....

PS: Just so you know, you;ll get no love from the board. "Its still So Cal Diving, so how bad can it be, we're stillice diving in March, get, blah blah..." and all those limp, bitter, East-of-I15 snipes. Whatever - So Cal is still the place to be.

...we have the same stuff here. More than once we have been 3-4 hours through the 8 hours to NC only to get the dreaded cell phone call that they are cancelling the trip. We usually bail to a local quarry and just spend the day whining and working on skills..

Its a critical skill that is often overlooked by most...

I've become quite proficient. I could probably teach it, now.

K

If the boat won't go, try to find another boat that will.

If weather conditions are too severe for safe boat diving, try to find a leeward shore dive (yuk, I hate shore dives).

If its too severe for shore diving, go hang out at the LDS and drink beer while talking about diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom