Vytec transmitters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Silverback

Contributor
Reaction score
I've got a question and thought I'd post it up here.

I've got a Vytec and just bought the transmitter. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to place a HP hose between the first stage and transmitter either via an adaptor or custom hose. And, where could one buy this kind of hose.

Silverback.

Silverback once bubbled...

I've got a Vytec and just bought the transmitter. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to place a HP hose between the first stage and transmitter either via an adaptor or custom hose. And, where could one buy this kind of hose.

Silverback.

Actually there was some talk about this a while back.A few people wanted to mount the transmitter on a 6" HP hose so the transmitter wouldnt be rigid on the first stage in case it got bumped.If i remember right someone did have their transmitter rigged like that.If i run across it in the archives ill post it.Take a look in the search section as it has been discussed.

Silverback once bubbled...

Silverback.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13072&highlight=vytec

It was a pipe dream...
I don't think anyone actually did it that way. It was discussed, but the fitting on the end of a small HP hose(for stage regs) has the fitting for an SPG w/ spool, the Vytec transmitter has the same thread as the hose(regulator HP), in other words, incompatible. I guess a person could have a hose custom made.

but not cheap...WHy would you want to do this??? ANyways, you can do it with an adapter on the end of a standard 6" HP hose. Like I said, not cheap, and you are adding lots of extra o-rings (3, i think) there, and exposing the transmitter to possibly more damage (dangling on the end of a hose, doesnt sound like a good idea to me)...

Rock N SPorts, out in CA makes custom hoses, and they might be able to make something like that for you...

If youare that worried about breaking the transmitter on a wireless computer, mabey you don't need one.

...it doesn't work because of the end of the hose fitting. Leaks. Tried it.

I was worried about the transmitter being susceptible to damage, but it's stood up well over 30-40 dives, including a whack on a hatch during a wreckdive. You don't need a hose.

Actually I'm not worried about bumping it, I'm more worried about getting it to fit on the Poseidon first stage rigged on twins... With three hoses in each FS, it makes for a tight cluster on which ever side I put it on.. MTL on the right post FS with my backup gauge on the left post FS

That was the reason I' was looking at putting it on the "dongle" stile connection.

Silverback.

Scubaroo once bubbled...
...it doesn't work because of the end of the hose fitting. Leaks. Tried it.

I was worried about the transmitter being susceptible to damage, but it's stood up well over 30-40 dives, including a whack on a hatch during a wreckdive. You don't need a hose.

Scubaroo,

Just read the other posts regarding this very topic... from what I read, it looks like you had the same concern as I did. I know the DS4 FS has a fairly tight port configuration and its close to the Poseidon FS port cluster. I'm also mounting this on a set of twins with the mechnical SPG being my primary coming off the right post and the Vytec on the left..

I guess I'll wait untill I get it and see how its going to fit.

For bumping it, I have a cage over the valves so that is really not a concern.

Silverback

Scubapro do a HP quick release adapter which makes transmitters like the Suunto's and the Uwatec's stick out by about an inch, which helps on some regs.

Also it means you can transfer the transmitter between regs just by unscrewing it from the adapter and putting on another. Useful when I move between twin's and single configurations.

Costs abour £18 so not particularly cheap, but it's very simple and works well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom