A place like Moalboal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randy8876

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm looking for another place to stay in the PI that is similar to Moalboal. I liked the small town feel and extremely inexpensive hotels. Also having tons of dive shops was convenient. It also had a nice safe feeling to it and wasn't overrun with tourists when I went. My next vacation will be in October or November and I'm looking for a place to go that has nice diving and nice snorkeling (for my non-diver friend).

You might wanna look into Malapascua island and Puerto Galera.

I'd reco Malapascua as well.

Bicol --> Donsol - location of a major whale shark sanctuary where you are allowed to snorkel only with the giants. There is some interesting diving around the area as well. Mantas at Manta Bowl in Ticao (reachable from Donsol) and some nice coral gardens across from the Donsol sanctuary.

I was just there this Feb. You can read my short trip report here.

And if you like spicy food, don't forget to try the Bicol Express while you're in the area, the local specialty dish...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom