What brand watch do you wear on land?

What brand of watch do you wear on land?

• Bell & Ross

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Breitling

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Casio

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • Citizen

Votes: 28 16.3%
  • Rolex

Votes: 23 13.4%
  • Omega

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Seiko

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • Suunto

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Timex

Votes: 19 11.0%
  • Tag Heuer

Votes: 33 19.2%
  • Luminox

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Fossil

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other

Votes: 16 9.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SMKChef

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I was just searching for some links to the waterborne watch band and ended up reading some interesting posts in watch fanatics message boards. (You think people on here seem a bit narked) Anyway, this guy is saying that he was in Na'lins in 2001, and happened to be at the same hotel as a national Diving convention (didn't say which one) and noticed that the majority of watches on people's wrists were Rolex submariners. He posted this message concerning divers.

"Then I asked why did I see so many Rolexes, at the convention, and the reply was, that they only use their Rolex when they go to conventions to "show off" so to speak and all divers uses other kinds of dive instruments other than Rolex when they are actually diving." By Rex on diveguide.com

I, wear my Citizen HyperAqualand C1997, purchased before I began diving and now while diving. It has since become the backup to my Vytec. I also have an Omega Speedmaster Pro that I wouldn't take diving because I can't afford to replace it.

So, I am wondering are we really this vain in on dry land?

So, I figured I would post a little poll to see who wears what? If I could afford it, I would get the Bell & Ross Hydromax, just cause it's the coolest thing since sliced bread, but you gotta be a watch fanatic to understand that.

ONE MORE THING... If you select other, please post the brand so we can ask the moderators to add it to our list. This is getting interesting. Thank you.

a seiko worth about half my citizen promaster I wear when getting wet.

If I could afford a rolex I would spend it on gucci dive gear instead!

Jonathan

i only have one watch. so i wear it on and under the water. its a casio sea pathfinder. its a little big on land, but the size allows me to read it very well under water.

I love that thing. I originally got it with the metal band, but then I couldnt wear it under water unless i wasnt wearing a wetsuit or drysuit. So, i got the rubber band for it, and now i use it for all my diving, and on land. I think the guys that have the ROlexes are just showing off, and are not really using them for diving at all. Too expensive...

none since my citizen flooded.

clock in the car, clock on pager, clock on laptop and computer, clock on system terminal at work, clock on cell phone, clock on tv, time on radio, clock on the wall, clock on dive computer, clock on bottom timer, angle of the sun, etc.

Someday I'll probably get the citizen fixed/replaced.

That's what I usually wear. Only watch that I can read in the dark without pushing buttons or shining a light on first.

Once in a while my Aqualand Duplex. Exept to, during and from dives, I don't wear my DiveRite Nitec Plus. Seems a shame to bang it up in daily use.

Water Resistant to 300m, and worth about $500. When I scratched it (while wearing it on land) I decided that I'd wear a cheap $65 Fossil. I've never had a better watch! Solid stainless steel, great looking, and thin and unbtrusive. The style is very nice, too!

When I got back into diving and needed some digital features (stopwatch, bottom timer, etc), I went to Wal-Mart and bought an Armitron. No kidding.

I bought this one because it had big buttons for use underwater, big numbers for seeing underwater, and a big, giant button in the middle of the face to operate the backlight, which is waaaay bright.

I liked it so much that it's made it's way into my daily wear. It might tell people that I'm cheap, but it's very cool looking, way functional, and let's face it... For $20, I don't care if it gets messed up.

If I were attending a dive convention, I'd probably put my nicest watch on... My Citizen. If I had a Rolex, I'd wear that instead. But why wear it daily, when I can only risk $20 and get the same features?

I wear my Vyper underwater because it shows me depth, bottom time, temp, and all of that... Plus it logs my dives. And I like that it's huge. Perfect for the application!

When I'm done diving, it goes in a sock in my dive kit, and I put that Armitron back on...

Would it be possible for you to add the Brands discussed in the posts. Particularly FOSSIL, and Luminox? Thanks, otherwise the "Other" category will be over crowded.

I guess most of us, so far, have jobs that are manually intensive. No one has commented yet that they wear a good watch because it goes with their daily work suit. Oh wait, Genesis has yet to answer. :D j/k Gen, I figured you were a public target on this board. btw, I have a diver's union sig on my emails now.

Jonathan once bubbled...
a seiko worth about half my citizen promaster I wear when getting wet.

If I could afford a rolex I would spend it on gucci dive gear instead!

Jonathan

This brings back really negative memories of my Dad saying that I always had to be wearing "Gucci drawers" and that he would buy me a pair from the store.

I didn't know they made dive gear. Then again, SP is in the same realm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom