Diving in Eastern and Central Maine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello:

Is there anyone out there interested in diving in Eastern and Central Maine? I'm looking for someone to explore Schoodic, Sebec, and maybe Moosehead lake. Let me know. I'm also headed for Eastport in August and I would love to add a dive to my schedule.

-Mark

I'm afraid I can't make it, but DEFINATELY dive eastport while you're there. It's got some of the most spectacular diving on the eastern seaboard, and shouldn't be considered an afterthought.

I've been diving in Eastport before but it wasn't strictly for recreational purposes. It is a beautiful spot.

Eastport does rock! I found my clay pipe there in about 50' of water. The soft corals are amazing too. Mark, you should come over to Bar Harbor. Our dive club usually has a Sunday Dive Charter. The League of Underwater Superheroes . You can also check out Dive Maine under our links page.

Pete, another Scubaboard member, has a good site for Maine too. http://home.gwi.net/~spectrum/scuba.html

I would like to take a drive up to Maine and I've also heard that Eastport diving was great. Does anyone know where I would find directions to the dive site(s)??

Thanks,

Jessica

The easiest dive site is the old pier. It is directly in front of the Motel East. Once you get to Eastport, there are signs directing you to the Motel East. If you veer to the left near the Waco Diner, you'll find a dirt road that leads to site of the old pier. There is a stony beach, covered with old bricks and such. Beware of the tides and only dive at slack tide. I went here once and there was only a "slight" current and it was a little unsettling.
Also, I've heard that there is good diving in front of Jonathon Bird's house but I don't know where that is but he has a great website. I think he hosts divers for long weekends for a reasonable rate.
Let me know if you head out there. I wouldn't mind doing some diving out there. Any excuse for a visit to Eastport. Check out the Rose Garden when you're there. Live music on Friday nights.

Let me know when you're coming. Sebec has some cool geographic formations. I'm going to head up to Moosehead to dive on an old steamer that was burned when the company didn't need it anymore. It should be pretty cool.

will be up on sebec on the 30th of aug for the week have two other guys that will be diving we have some info on a steamer that was scuttled op on one of the coves in the 20s hope to be able to nail it down

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom