Manila through Masbate via Puerto Galera or Malapascua?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Calcium

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi!

I'm going to the Philippines for the first time this week, visiting a friend in Masbate. I'd love to spend a few days diving around the area.

Can anyone tell me if there is easy transport coming from Manila and going to Puerto Galera and then on to Masbate? Or Masbate first and then Malapascua? I'm finding it hard to get the information from the ferry websites...

Perhaps there is a good place for diving with easier access somewhere 'en route'? I've never been to the Philippines and am fairly open as to where to stop over for a few days...

Thanks a million! Sorry I know this is not a 'transportation' forum, but it's much easier for locals to give a quick hint as to how to arrange this...

hi, im based in masbate. there is an outriger boats that daparts in 3 different towns in masbate dat can drop you in malapascua on its way to bogo, cebu. sad to say there is no established dive tours, shop or facilities in masbate island though a lot of promising dive sites; drift diving, wall diving, fish dive, and occational shark dive. from masbate you can take a boat bound for lucena city and take a bus to batangas city then ferry to puerto gallera. keep in touch ride24hrs@hotmail.com

Hey, thanks for your reply! If there are no established dive operators on Masbate you'd probably have to bring your own equipment, right? Any chance of filling up the tanks with air? Anyhow, there must be good spots for snorkelling all around - have you got a favourite spot, by any chance?

Looking forward to being over! C

Hey, thanks for your reply! If there are no established dive operators on Masbate you'd probably have to bring your own equipment, right? Any chance of filling up the tanks with air? Anyhow, there must be good spots for snorkelling all around - have you got a favourite spot, by any chance?

Looking forward to being over! C

Calcium.

Take it to PG...

I was there for my first time and I can tell you PG is awesome!!!

Good luck and have a great trip....

The Philippines is to **DIVE** For!!!

I can't wait to go Back!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom