Instructor recommendation - Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Space Beagle

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi there,

I'm still a new diver and am looking to further my education. I'm planning a trip to dive in the Philippines sometime this year and would like to do a number of speciality courses including Deep Dive, Navigation and Multilevel diver, I have peak performance and dry suit currently.

I'm looking for a good instructor who's keen to make sure I understand and execute correctly rather than just get me through the dives and collect the card. I happy to go where I need to go, as mentioned the quality of the instruction is the main factor.

Outside of this if anyone has any recommendations as to the best next steps to improve as a diver (courses, literature, type of diving), feel free to chime in.

Thanks,

SB

I got my C-card on Coco Loco Island on Palawan. If you can take the time to get there, it's a fabulous place with a great dive instructor from Germany. The accommodations are simple but cheap, and the food is great, too. If you're interested, PM me.

Just another option, the crew at DIVE DOJO is great. Very competent instructors who live for technical diving. They can teach you a lot that will make you a better diver, even if you're not interested in technical diving. Give them a shout and let them know what you are looking for (becoming a better diver, while doing some great diving) and they'll be able to taylor something to your needs...

Just another option!:coffee:

Fisheye Divers, Boracay. Carlos Blanch or Peter Gotto.

I just did my rescue with Frontier Divers in PG/Sabang, check them out if you like.

Call Scubaworld Philippines and ask for Mario Elumba. He was my instructor and is excellent, and makes it lots of fun. He's been doing it for over 15 years. AFAIK he still teaches, usually out of Anilao, Aquaventure resort. Anilao is a good place to learn because many of the dive sites are less challenging for beginners, than say, Puerto Galera.

I'm thinking of diving Puerto Galera in Feb with my wife. How challenging is the Puerto Galera area? I was going to go with Action Divers. They take care of us from airport in Manila to the dive area.
Thanks, Jay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom