PG ferry skeds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JasonC

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
At the bottom of this page are some ferry skeds:

Untitled Document

Is this up to date?

If the ferry goes to "puerto galera", how long is the jeep/taxi ride to the resorts in small La Laguna (I'll likely be staying in Club Mabuhay)?

The table shows 3 batangas departure points "batangas", "batangas pier". Are they one and the same?

They also talk about a banka from Lea Beach - anyone know how much it is? Is it recommendable to take a dinky banca across?

there is no jeep or taxi there.
if you take the ferry to sabang beach, you can walk to small la laguna or hire a small banca to take to you there.
for the banca ride from lea beach to PG, usually the resorts arrange that for you. its not really a small banca that makes the trip to PG from lea but slightly smaller than the regular ferries from batangas pier.

Hi any advice on bancas that go to Sabang? Are there any big ones that are safe in the rough waters this season?

all ferries are the same big bancas. if you want big boats, you can take the ROROs but these dont dock at sabang beach. they go to balatero (sp?) pier which is about 30 minutes (in good weather) by tricycle to sabang.

Where is Balatero? Is that Calapan? I've always wanted to scooter there but dunno how far it is.

If you'll be staying at Club Mabuhay on small la laguna the two best options are:

1) Take a ferry to Sabang and then walk 10-15 mins over there.
2) Take a ferry to Muelle Pier (the town proper) and then take a 10-15 minute water taxi over (costs about P200).

The Bangkas that leave from Leah beach are big enough (how jigo described it) but is expensive if you'll be taking it by yourself. It's best to take the bangkas from Batangas Port since they leave frequently and are convenient. It's P200 plus P50 terminal fee and P50 environmental fee. I have no clue if the schedule is up to date, but I believe the first ferry that leaves for Sabang is at 8am. The ferries before 8am leave for Muelle.

The crossing is usually fine in the morning with a good chance to see the spinner dolphin pod, but once you get into the early afternoon it could get rough (I have yet to experience a bad crossing this year, last I did the crossing was the beginning of this month).

Hope that helps.

balatero is further away from muelle and closer to PG town proper i think. not sure. it may be in some maps.
we had to take the RORO from there once since it leaves in the evening and we wanted to maximize the last diving day of the trip.

Back
Top Bottom