Magnolia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paulthenurse

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My daughter and I are heading up to Magnolia Rocks in an hour or so. What a FANTASTIC day this is turning out to be. 78*F at 9 am, low humidity, not a cloud in the sky! Summer in New England, does it get any better than this? The only thing that will add to the day is if we run into swarms of bugs.

Paulthenurse

Sounds great! Too bad I'm at work! I dove Bass Rocks and Magnolia with CAD on Saturday. Bass rocks was much more productive than Magolia. I was a little suprised at the water temp. I registered 47deg at 38fsw. i thought it would be about 8-10deg warmer. Viz was good at 20+ft. Have a good dive!

Well we ended up relocating to Cathedral Rocks. The seas were flat calm but there was an onshore swell and low tide that would have made exiting difficult for Beth. This was only her second time out after getting certified last year so I wanted it to be easy for her. So we ended up at Cathedral. Ya, I know, there is nothing easy about hauling gear up and down the rocks there but there wasn't any swell. We went to 38 feet for 40 minutes. I read 52 degrees. She was cold so we scrubbed it then. She had 1100 psi when we exited, so she did real good on her air. I didn't see a single lobster but I hardly ever see any at the shallower depths there, I only seem to find them out further. We diverted to The Clam Box in Ipswich on the way home and split a box of clam and a box of onion rings for the ride home. All in all a fun day hanging out with my daughter.

PTN

Well that puts you in the "cool dad" category! :D

Definitely sounds like a perfect family outing! Thanks for sharing!

Dave C

Back
Top Bottom