PING: Mwhities

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While I wait for Michael to show up, I'll ask the all important question: Who was the ultimate Jack Ryan?

lets see..... we had

Alec Baldwin in Hunt for Red October
Harrison Ford in Patriot Games
Harrison Ford again in Clear and Present Danger
Ben Afleck in Sum of all Fears

I'd vote for Harrison Ford. With Alec Baldwin coming in 2nd.

I don't think that Ben Afleck did a bad job, but they just tried to go for the younger sexier image character trying to sell more movies and it just didn't seem as true as the other ones did. (my opinion)

I heard they at one time were going to make a movie out of Without Remorse. I think that Afleck would have been good as a younger Clark in that movie.

I'm with you on your order of preference. Sum of All Fears was okay, but Afleck didn't do it for me.

Clark has appeared in two movies that I can recall. Neither of them reminded me of the Clark in the books.

I'm with you on your order of preference. Sum of All Fears was okay, but Afleck didn't do it for me.

Clark has appeared in two movies that I can recall. Neither of them reminded me of the Clark in the books.

I agree.... Clark in the movies didn't remind me of Clark in books. But it's hard when I'm sure every reader had a slightly different impression about him.

I don't think that William Dafoe did a bad job though.

As for the movies, it seems to me that Clancy "sold out" to the directors/producers in the later movies and lost control of the story. There were several things that happened in the later movies that didn't happen in the book. They just got less and less true to the original stories. Sum of All Fears definately was that way.

Clancy has gone downhill also in my opinion. he's trying to put his name as a co-writter on every paperback out there because for a while people would buy a book just because his name was somewhere on the cover.

I remember him making a statement once degrading anyone that would cheat on their wife. then guess what happened. He was having an affair with another woman and his wife divorced him. D'oh!. talk about sticking your foot in your mouth!

Back
Top Bottom