Taug Opening Day!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JKPAO

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Opening day tom in Jersey. Going out for some taug, and capt has a spot with several dozen 20# plus fish. I will post pics if I score one.
See you topside! John

Went out today!(Fri) 48 on the bottom BRRRR, and I did not see one taug. Three did come onto the boat just not with me. I did get a couple of black bass. nothing that would warrant a pic.
Well season is open!
See you topside! John

We just drift free dive at Barnegat light. The inlet is full of Tog. Send me a PM if you need more info. Look forward to see'n you in the water. good hunting.
-Karl

I usally go out on the boats, but if fish are in the inlet.....
Where do you enter? Do you get any hassle from boaters?
See you topside! John

The Best time to go is during the week, if you get into your gear walk to the jetty and look for a place it slide in. its best to do it at slack low so you can drift down to the south monument they like to hide in the rocks so stay about six feet out the fisher men are usually cool as long as you swim under their lines, the water like 20-30 feet deep so its an easy freedive if you find any tackle under water offer to give it to the nearset person fishing, it keeps them happy the boats just make some wake so you just get pushed more to the rocks on the surface. the best tactic is to freedive down drift with the current surface and go back down you can find striper in the middle of the inlet (watch for boats) do the drift dive the whole way to the south monument go around the inlet to the beach side there are some tog there climb out at the beach walk as far as you want on the jetty towards the light house but stay on the rocks (make sure your gun is only loaded in the water) the best place to park is to go by the pub kellys make a right turn down the road next to it with the trees park behind the white line suit up and walk down the beach use where the jetty meets the concrete walkway as a refrence point, always stay to the right of the walkway when spearfishing and enter off the jetty treat your speargun like a riffle and only cock the bands when you are in the water undo them right before you get out as not to have any problems, good hunting. see you in the water

-karl

Back
Top Bottom