Capt Gary or Rich, Josh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tom wicker

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey . Do you know how long this has been in the works? Are they now saying we have a shortage of Triggerfish? Correct me if I’m wrong isn’t the Trigger considered by most a trash fish?

http://sero.nmfs.noaa.gov/bulletins/pdfs/2008/FB08-040 Reef Fish Amendment 30A.pdf

You yourself got me hooked on them and I never pass the chance of taking one or two. Man we hunt the Rubble not far off Dauphin Island (New) and it stays loaded with Triggers and one we call Grandad (Snapper) He’s a smart one though he hangs well above the rubble and as soon as you comes into site he bolts How far would my Rhino make a downward kill shot by free shafting? New bands and a tri tip?

Hey . Do you know how long this has been in the works? Are they now saying we have a shortage of Triggerfish? Correct me if I’m wrong isn’t the Trigger considered by most a trash fish?

http://sero.nmfs.noaa.gov/bulletins/pdfs/2008/FB08-040 Reef Fish Amendment 30A.pdf

You yourself got me hooked on them and I never pass the chance of taking one or two. Man we hunt the Rubble not far off Dauphin Island (New) and it stays loaded with Triggers and one we call Grandad (Snapper) He’s a smart one though he hangs well above the rubble and as soon as you comes into site he bolts How far would my Rhino make a downward kill shot by free shafting? New bands and a tri tip?

From Destin to Dauphin Island I've seen maybe 5-10 triggers all year, and they have all been very small.

Triggers are not trash fish, in fact, I prefer them to red snapper.

Around the Rigs ,Chicken coops. And the new Rubble just east of dolphin Island we shoot a couple just about every Sat evening. Most of them are deeper water dives. I have seen several out on the barge along with some slippers. I also noticed they like to hang high off the structure. We hang around the line at about 80fsw or so and pick off a few for our Sunday get togethers when the Snappers are running low

Ohhh Yeaaaa They are trash fish. Bring them to me and I'll throw them away for You:D:rofl3:

Ohhh Yeaaaa They are trash fish. Bring them to me and I'll throw them away for You:D:rofl3:

I'm still trying to reproduce your trash fish spice:D:D:D:D care to come clean on it:rofl3:

Well then get a bottle made up. I'll come by in the next couple of days and introduce you to the Barn-well gang Were just a bunch of middle aged men that to old to grow up now :)

The fishing charter boats out of Lost Key are catching Trigger by the baskets. And they are large ones! DAMN those pole fisherman!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom