Single tank adapter with cam bands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CamG

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Greetings Nick, I would just like to tell you you how much we have enjoyed experimenting with your solo harness, both AL & SS back plates, and the 25 lb lift doughnut wing. It is really a awesome rig that is unbelievably versatile. There is a problem however not with the single tank adapter plate but with the cam band straps.
The buckles do not have a rubber pad to protect the tank and they dig into the surface every time! This is not acceptable, nor is the velcro band holder. We have purchased four of these rigs for training and are really disappointed in the straps. We are wondering if you were aware of this issue and if there is something we can do. Again we are pleased with the rest of the set up but the straps are not acceptable.
Thank you for your prompt consideration. CamG

Greetings Nick, I would just like to tell you you how much we have enjoyed experimenting with your solo harness, both AL & SS back plates, and the 25 lb lift doughnut wing. It is really a awesome rig that is unbelievably versatile. There is a problem however not with the single tank adapter plate but with the cam band straps.
The buckles do not have a rubber pad to protect the tank and they dig into the surface every time! This is not acceptable, nor is the velcro band holder. We have purchased four of these rigs for training and are really disappointed in the straps. We are wondering if you were aware of this issue and if there is something we can do. Again we are pleased with the rest of the set up but the straps are not acceptable.
Thank you for your prompt consideration. CamG

Hi CamG,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It is the first we have heard about the buckle digging into the tank, but we will work on a solution to keep friction down between the buckle and the tank.

Happy to hear everything else has worked out so well. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Best Regards,

There is a problem however not with the single tank adapter plate but with the cam band straps. The buckles do not have a rubber pad to protect the tank and they dig into the surface every time!
I opted for a pair of Dive Rite bands for this very reason. Plus the rubber pad achieves a better grip on the tank. It takes a touch longer to rig the Dive Rite bands but it sure is worth it.

Greetings and thank you Kevin. I appreciate your advice on this issue. I happen to own a Dive Rite single tank adapter and cam bands for my harness and SS back plate. I have not had any problems with them at all. I think if there are no better options from Hollis we will go with the Dive Rite cam bands. As you have mentioned they require a little more effort but well worth it! CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

Is this the standard Hollis strap and SS buckle shipping w/single tand adapter? This buckle removes paint and aluminum each time it is used...

Attachments

• Hollis Band.jpg
    Hollis Band.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 483
Hi Guys,

We are working on a solution to keep friction down between the tank and buckle. Should be shipping with our cam bands shortly.

Thanks for the heads up!

Regards,

Greetings Nick,
Just wondering if you have gotten any where with the bands?
We would like to use the BC's this season. We out fitted one with Dive Rite bands
and it works great. Hope to hear back from you soon.
Cam

Is this the standard Hollis strap and SS buckle shipping w/single tand adapter? This buckle removes paint and aluminum each time it is used...

Hey MSDT Mark,
I have the same problem with the SS cam bands too. I am quite worried that the buckle may break if it is too tight.

I do hope Nick comes up with a solution quick other than me using neoprene now.

Mark

Hey Guys,

We have designed a friction pad which will be shipping with our cam straps within a few weeks. For those out there who have purchased these bands without the pads and are having issues please send me a PM and i will send these out to you directly.

If you need something sooner, our delrin cam straps can could be a good solution also.

Let me know and i would be happy to assist in taking care of this issue.

Thanks,

I have returned all of the cam bands that I purchased. With respect to Hollis, a friction pad (bandage) won’t cut it for me. The Velcro piece attached to my straps is very thin and wimpy. The Velcro is sewn in two places at the edge. This is not a durable design compared to the others available.

As for the delrin cam straps, divers interested in this type of gear will be looking for stainless steel buckles, solid Velcro attached and a friction pad sewn into the strap. Not an after thought add on…

Respectfully,
Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom