Looking for day trip dives from Manila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IceBergSlim

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Anyone know a way to dive a single day on a site acessable from Manila?

I am hoping there is a way to get on a boat locally and do some diving that is not too far away. None of the websites have much info I find useful.

I am here for work and brought some basic gear. I would need to rent the bulk of the remainder.

Rec or tech is fine.

Thanks in advance.

anilao is your best option, it's accessible by road all the way from manila (about 2-2.5 hours)

dive sites are stupendous and can range from shore entries to 30-minute crossings... but otherwise you can do 3-4 dives in a day and be back in manila at night

you can also try PG but that's trickier to do on a day trip as it involves a ferry transfer across the channel and those go on a schedule that's not very diver friendly (last trip from sabang i think is a 1 or 2pm... that gives you what... 2 dives?!? ptth)

downside of anilao is it might cost you more if you dive alone unless you do shore dives in which case you won't have to charter a boat...

hope this helps

Jag

there's also subic. about 2.5 hours from manila.

Vis is better in Anilao. Puerto Galers is an additional 45 min boat ride if you go to the Batangas port also 2-2.5 hour drive south of Manila.
Anilao, or Puerto Galera are your best choices.

If your looking for reefs, Anilao is the place, hands down, if your into Wrecks Subic Bay is the spot. With the new SCLEX highway the trip time wise is about the same, check out Boardwalk dive shop, their tops.

Yup, Anilao and Subic are your best options :) If you need help in vehicle rentals, lemme know. I can send you some recos.

We're planning to head out to Anilao this weekend, so if you're looking into joining a dive group, this is your chance :) Cost should be less.

you can also rent gear from any dive shop in manila and it should cost less than having to rent at the resort (if you don't mind having to lug it down to Anilao or up to Subic with you).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom