Nitek Duo acting strangely

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tstormdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I've had my Nitek duo for just over a year now & have been pretty pleased with it & it's function. I just had the battery changed in late April to have it ready for a live aboard trip. A couple weeks after the trip I was diving & noticed that for some reason it had reset itself to metric readings & the time had also reset. I didn't think much of it & just put it back the way I had it to begin with. The same thing happened a couple of weeks later while assisting with a class. Last week I was surface swimming & kept hearing it beeping, as my hands would move in & out of the water, I'm assuming it was toggling back & forth between dive & SI modes . At this time it was flashing a low battery alarm. I continued my dive as it was going to be quite shallow & short. Once I got down to my depth of 15ft, it quit flashing & performed fine. I decided to go ahead & have the battery changed again, just in case I had gotten a bad one. Anything else I might ought be concerned about? I haven't had a chance to dive since changing the battery & won't get a chance for a couple more weeks.

A dive master on a local dive boat told me that if it the duo starts acting "odd" with different reading and such to have the battery changed, but since you had that done already, you might want to try a different battery... that was the only suggested we spoke about

I'll have to try changing my battery. Mine has started telling me I'm ascending too fast... when I'm essentially level! It flashes depths differing by as much as 20 ft (46 then 26 then 32 then...). My other computer says I'm doing just fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom