Silent Submersion N37 Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Debraw

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I purchased a Silent Submersion N37 this past week and had a chance to use it today. It is a great scooter. It is very quiet, powerful, and has a long battery runtime, 200 minutes. It has 9 power settings and I was only able to get it up to power level 5 on my first time out. I think after I use it a little more I will be able to handle the higher power setting. It weighs 77 pounds so it's a little heavy to carry to the waters edge! I was able to pull right up along side other divers without them knowing I was there, it was sooooo quiet. I look forward to more practice, and the handling will get even easier than it was today after just my first time out.

Congrats on the new scoot! My dive buddy and I just ordered a pair of N-19's yesterday. They should be here on Wednesday. I can't wait!!

Well my husband took over the N37 and now I am awaiting delivery of my new N19. It should be here tomorrow. It's about 30 less in weight so that will make easier for me to handle and I think 100 minutes of run time will be enough.

Mine just showed up today. I love the workmanship in the silent subersion scoots. I'll be taking her out for sea trials tomorrow after work :)

My N19 showed up today! Woo hoo I put it together and got into the pool with it. It's a lot lighter than the N37, just my size. I am going to try and get out this weekend, and will post a review when i get back.

Lucky you.I havent been able to srape up enough for a scooter.Good luck with your cavern course.I want to take the dpv pilot course and borrow or rent a scooter for a while so I can see more of the caves.

Took mine out for the first time last night. What a blast. I put 2lbs in the nose and it trims perfectly in fresh water. Way to nose-light out of the box. Have fun with it!

You know I put that one pound in the nose while I was in the pool, and I kept thinking you know if it were 2 pounds I bet it would be perfect. I am going to change mine out before I go get in the lake with it.

Lucky you.I havent been able to srape up enough for a scooter.Good luck with your cavern course.I want to take the dpv pilot course and borrow or rent a scooter for a while so I can see more of the caves.

Thanks I am looking forward to it!

You know I put that one pound in the nose while I was in the pool, and I kept thinking you know if it were 2 pounds I bet it would be perfect. I am going to change mine out before I go get in the lake with it.

Ya, when they first came out they were weighted nuetral in fresh water right out of the box. I think they have made changes to the battery (which is lighter) so it needs more weight in the nose (2lbs). The 1 lb'er should still be added for salt water. I'll have mine in the brine in 2 weeks so I'll let you know how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom