Sipadan trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skuba dude

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just dived Sipadan 2 weeks ago with Seaventures oil platform just off Mabul. The diving was excellent and plentiful. 3 boat dives a day 2 at sipadan and 1 at mabul. unlimited diving under the rig. I was diving 5-6 times aday. lots of good buffet food plenty of space to relax and get some sun. Sipadan was well worth it. Schools of bumphead parrot fish,barracuda ,jacks,rainbow runners ,travelly. 5-10 turtles every dive. white-tips every where . lots of little critters around Mabul. pipefish, mandarin fish,seahorses,nudibranches. a good diving experience.

sounds good. i was at Seaventures last week. diving was great even though we had a lot of rain, rough seas and very low viz on some days. saw the barracuda school twice. was happy about that since i was there for a week last year and never saw it despite 4 dives at barracuda point.
i love the Seaventures set up. its basic but very affordable and i'm there for the diving and not for a luxury resort. plus the staff are very helpful, food is great, and the diving under the rig is easy and very good.
btw, you can do 2 extra Sipadan dives by getting a boat for 500RM. i was with 5 other friends so we split the cost between us and did 4 Sipadan dives one day. we had the boat to ourselves and they sent a packed lunch so we didnt have to come back to the rig.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom