Diving in the Philippines?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frozenwarp

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm gonna be heading to the philipines for a couple months. I'm going to be based in Panay and will be doing alot of reef diving in that area doing surveys but im hoping to get some advice on good dive sites around there and any dive companies that people would recomend.
I would be particularly interested in doing some wreck dives.
Any help would be appreciated

thanks in advance
Bradley

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

moved to PPD

The best diving on Panay, in my opinion, is the west and southwest sides. Anitique is the place. I'll be there in October also and will be staying in Anani'i for a week or so and diving Nogas Isle. I don't really know of any dive shops on Panay other than Babydamulag's place up near Culasi. If you like, stay in touch and we can hook up in Oct. It's a fishing village where my friend keeps a boat and a driver. We spear a few fish to eat and just hang out and relax.

Thanks Hank49 in fact Anitique is one of the places im going to be doing research.... i think,
I'm still yet to confirm my internship over there. But i will be there in october, and it would be great to catch up over there with someone who has dived there before, Have u done any of the wreck dives over there?
Thanks,
Bradley

Well, stay tuned because we might be able for everyone to hook up and dive Mararison and surrounding area.........we might even have an uncontaminated wreck to dive by then.

I've dived Maralison or mararison...whatever the spelling...a couple times. Baby D is more familiar with that area. I've done a few hundred dives around Nogas and the other side of that point going back towards Iloilo.
I get to Manila on Oct 15. We're going out on a livaboard bangka for about 4-5 days but will be in Iloilo by the 23. We drive down to Antique from there and stay at the "Saldana Hilton", my friends beach camp, which is now been upgraded to some beach houses. Good fresh water to bath and drink, good food to eat and good diving.
It would be good to all hook up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom