St. Andrews Park-BC Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

surfdwn

Reaction score
My wife and I went for a dive at St. Andrews jetty on Saturday. Despite several equipment issues, the dive was very enjoyable. Marine life was very abundant. Visibility was OK at about 15 feet and we did not encounter any jellyfish or algae. It became a one tank dive because my wife had a lot of trouble with her BC.

Her BC is a generic one that I picked up in ebay a few years ago. It is back inflated, but does not have a hard plate. We can not seem to get it adjusted so that everything is straight., My Dacor BC with the hard plate is a dream and I have never had any issues with it.

Any recommendations on women's BC's? We need back inflation, weight integration, and a hard back.

You will have better luck going to the equipment section on Scubaboard and post your question under the BC question thread.

I dive a Seaquest Libra. Meets all of your requirements. The things I like about it are: no velcro, the weight pockets snap securely in, plenty of rings to put the things you need to take down. It fits me great and with over 130 dives on it, still looks like new. :14:

my soon-to-be-ex bought a Mares Kaila which is a hybrid, she likes it. it appears well built and the weight pockets are secure. the aliikai is a pure back inflate which looks well built too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom