Watch strap for Citizen new Aqualand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big Blue One

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Christmas present and a useful backup guage and timer ... BUT ...
watch strap is down to last hole over the top of a seven mm wettie.:worried:

Would like a nylon/velcro strap with dual pin connection for redundancy and better adjustment to cater for different thickness suits.

I have seen the Rhino and Waterborne straps that look cool but the pin width on this watch appears to only be 16 mm and all these bands start at 20mm.

Any suggestions !!

(currently thinking of buying a Rhino and modifying)

I have an 18" Velcro heavy duty cinch strap and it's wonderful. Plus I got 2 for only $3.29! I just ran it through the existing pins on my watch, the back of the watch rests on the strap. Haven't worn a suit that this band can't handle!

The strap is actually designed to bundle things like jumper cables, sticks, rope, hoses, etc.
Ber :bunny:

I have a one inch Waterborne strap on my Citizen Promaster Aqualand. Waterborne makes a one inch and a 3/4 inch strap. The nice thing is that it threads the strap through the pins and behind the watch. So if you ever lose a pin, the watch is still held on by the other pin and not reliquished to the abyss. My LDS has them for 12.95 or you can nab one off eBay for about ten.

It almost sounds like a commercial, I wonder if they need more marketing people?:D

The strap will fit over any suit that I have. Including a 3mm full, 7mm semidry and even my 7mm dry suit.

Citizen Make a strap identical to the Waterbourne but it is the correct width for the pins. You can order them through any Citizen dealer. They are of course about twice the price of the Waterbourne.

As you may notice I am in Singapore and have the following problem ...

1. LDS dont' have the really useful stuff like this - just standard whistles and tank bangers !!

2. Watch shops are worse and the local transalation for "I am not clear on what you want and really don't want to offer you that level of service" is "No Stock" or "Don't have" but can show you a $2000 Tag if you like.

3. Web sites I checked only deliver local (UK, US).

so ...

Do you know of any better dive shops in the following cities (plan to visit on business or can get friend to check)
- Sydney
- Hong Kong
- NYC
- London
- Bangkok
- (here in Singapore ?)

=-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom