North Sulawesi in the rainy season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Loopy Loo

New
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone could help me please?

I was booked to spend two weeks on Gangga Island next month but due to an unfortunate accident we now have to cancel our holiday and can't travel for about three months.

Gangga have very kindly offered to refund our deposit or transfer it to another booking, so we are considering the possibility of coming out later in the year in the rainy season, or leaving Gangga for this year out next summer.

I've not been to Indonesia before, let alone in the rainy season so I would like to get some advice as to how rainy it is!

We are both keen divers so quite a bit of time will be spent underwater but we would still like to have some relaxing time on land, and definitely want some sunshine! We are from the UK and have not seen so much of it this year :)

Well, I stayed in Manado in November back in 06, and dived Bunaken and Lembeh. The weather was fine for the week we were there. No rain, all shine.

The odds should definitely still be with you in November ... enjoy.

I have been at Gangga at various times of the year - including November and February - and the weather was mostly fine. Gangga is not only an excellent resort, they also seem to have their own micro climate there... It's quite often raining on the mainland while it's bright and sunny on the island. The only thing that might occasionally happen is that the sea is a bit rougher at that time of the year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom