What's the sign for ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishkiller

Contributor
Reaction score
Mesa Arizona, The all beach no ocean state.
# of dives
100 - 199
After experiencing first hand the tree branch in low visiblity, or should I say forehead first, and not being the only one.

What are some hand signals that need to be added to the list?

The low branch = a salute across eyebrows

Originally posted by TexasMike
While there is a hand signal for shark, there isn't one for tree? (Corsair said he saw it coming, but there was no way to stop me from bonking my head on that limb)

ROFL! That's EXACTLY the sign we used when it happened!

This weekend my buddy showed me the sign for "you will soon have a jellyfish for a hat" :)

-kate

Herman yeh , make a V shape with your index finger and middle finger, then proceed to lift your hand up and down wjile pointing your hand in the general direction of your buddy

Wouldn't that be making a W with your pointer, middle and ring finger, then pointing the outermost digits toward your palm?

Wait that's the one I used when my instructor asked to fully flood my already partially flooded mask.

come to think of it that's the same signal I used when that moray took my glove.

oh well

any other signals?

Frog I think thats the UK version, Fish has the US version, same meaning, different finger count. I almost drowned a buddy one day with that one....he was laughing so hard he almost choked...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom