Looking for Lobster areas in Buzzards Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Twosocks

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all,

I've looked through here and haven't really seen much discussion of lobster spots in Buzzards Bay. I have a boat and am familiar with the bay from fishing it for a few years, just hoping to get some guidance before I start blind.

Thanks for anything you might offer.

Doug

Hi all,

I've looked through here and haven't really seen much discussion of lobster spots in Buzzards Bay. I have a boat and am familiar with the bay from fishing it for a few years, just hoping to get some guidance before I start blind.

Thanks for anything you might offer.

Doug

No offense Doug, but if anyone had some good spots, they wouldn't give them up on this forum! I know what you're asking, so maybe a check of the area's wrecks, reefs and rock piles would be a good start. Good luck.

LobstaMan

No offense Doug, but if anyone had some good spots, they wouldn't give them up on this forum!

Sure they would. Heck, if this were RI we were talking about, there are plenty of good spots that are very well known so there would hardly be any point in holding them back.

Unfortunately, I don't know the Buzzards Bay diving too well. But as Lobstaman said, lobsters like places with lots of nooks and crannies to hide in like rock piles etc. You ought to be figure out the good places pretty easily just by looking for the right kind of habitat.

Back
Top Bottom