Hollis Back Pad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does the Hollis back pad have a pocket to store a signal sausage?

Hi Kevin,

Our current backpad does not utilize a storage pocket. We have been looking at some different storage options which should be available soon.

Until then, have you tried using a few bungees and strapping the signal sausage/lift bag to the bottom of your plate?

Thanks,

I have tried bungie and haven't been happy with the results. The sausage is either too difficult to release or is in danger of coming loose. I used the DAN model which is a bit of a beast compared with others.

I have tried bungie and haven't been happy with the results. The sausage is either too difficult to release or is in danger of coming loose. I used the DAN model which is a bit of a beast compared with others.

Hi Kevin,

Havent used the DAN model personally, but most buoys in the 4-6ft range seem to be held just fine with a bungee or silicone tubing.

Any new developments on storage of these items from Hollis will be posted here.

Thanks,

I just received an aluminum backplate and the hollis back pad, which has storage for a SMB. When trying to fit it to the backplate however the screws on the last set cannot reach. Am I meant to get it wet so the nylon stretches or what?
Thanks
Ed

I had a hard time intalling my back pad too.

Start with an upper screw, then a bottom screw on the opposite side. These should be easyer to place, then go with the other top screw, forget the other bottom screw and finally place the last middle screws.

even if you have 6 screws, you'll put only 5. You need to to leave the last free, otherwise you won't be able to reach the screw for the tanks.

hope it works.

I ordered my BP&W last year and also received the pad to go with it. From the factory (Dive Right in Scuba) the pad was on the plate. It was clearly not the correct size for this plate. Being new to BP&W's I questioned this. I was told by DRIS that the pads were built wrong and that Hollis was in the process of correcting the problem and a new one would be sent out to me as soon as it is corrected. I have contacted DRIS a few times and was told it is still in the process. I have tried several times to get the pad to fit properly but it DOES NOT fit.

Nick... Can you give any insight into this matter?

I ordered my BP&W last year and also received the pad to go with it. From the factory (Dive Right in Scuba) the pad was on the plate. It was clearly not the correct size for this plate. Being new to BP&W's I questioned this. I was told by DRIS that the pads were built wrong and that Hollis was in the process of correcting the problem and a new one would be sent out to me as soon as it is corrected. I have contacted DRIS a few times and was told it is still in the process. I have tried several times to get the pad to fit properly but it DOES NOT fit.

Nick... Can you give any insight into this matter?

Did you ever get a solution or update? I am in the same boat and would like to know....

I have not heard anything in response to my last post on this matter. I figured Nick would have seen it and would have replied or DRIS but nothing. I am still interested in getting an answer to the question. I offered to send the one I have back to DRIS and was told to just keep it. Let me know if you hear anything. Did you get it from DRIS?

Nick just sent me a message today. He said that they shipped to DRIS last week. You might want to contact DRIS and remind them..... I am going to.....
Good Luck.

I have not heard anything in response to my last post on this matter. I figured Nick would have seen it and would have replied or DRIS but nothing. I am still interested in getting an answer to the question. I offered to send the one I have back to DRIS and was told to just keep it. Let me know if you hear anything. Did you get it from DRIS?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom