Dear O'hana....a video for everyone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shaka Doug

Contributor
Reaction score
Kihei, Maui, Hawaii 96753, middle of the 808!
# of dives
A friend sent me this link to a very unusual video and it just keeps blowing me away every time I watch it. Isn't life supposed to be just this? Spreading love and joy and making people happy everywhere you go. It's been my dream to just make people happy since I was a young man. I remember my girlfriend asking me what I wanted to do when I grew up back when I was only 16. I told her I just wanted to make people laugh and be happy. She thought I should go to college and get a corporate job like her Dad but I wasn't sure. It was a few years later that I learnd how to dive and I've since used that medium to meet thousands of people and help them to see the wonderous beauty of our earth as viewed through a dive mask. It's always been my goal to just show my friends a 'good time'. I'm still striving towards that goal and I don't plan on quitting anytime soon.

Now I see how Matt Harding makes people smile and dance and laugh and sing and I'm so happy about this that I want to share his message with you too.

A lot of changes in our diving situation on Maui are really bringing me down lately. I feel like I have to fight for my right to dive and it just shouldn't be that way. This video of Matt came to me at just the right time to show me there is still so much good left in people and that we all really do share a common thread. Please watch and enjoy this. I'd love to know how it makes you feel afterwards. Like I said, I'm really blown away. I'd love to take this guy on a dive someday!

Namaste',

Shaka Doug

PS Be sure to watch the "High Quality" version and listen to the sound. Double Click the video and you'll go directly to YouTube. There's a small link there that says "Watch in High Quality" just below and to the right of the video player.

You can find out more about this brilliant, wacky dude Matt at: www.wherethehellismatt.com

By the way, what do you think of his diving??? Yeah Baby!! Go cat Go!

Thanks! I gives "happy dance" a real face!

Thanks Doug. I haven't seen this version before today.
I got hooked on watching the 2005 version because I'd been to a number of the places in that video.
The following year I retired and have been traveling as much as I can ever since.

Hugs Doug....wishing you didn't have to fight.

Thanks for the link, definitely a spirit lifter!

Back
Top Bottom