backup spg: 2" dial or compact 1 1/2"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mtbr

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

I want to add a backup SPG to my wireless wrist computer air gauge.
Do you recommend a compact 1 1/2" SPG or should I stick with a standard 2" inch dial? I'm not DIR, just recreational using a bp/w.

Thank you in advance.

Uh oh...Duck!

I think the only official answer anyone can give in the DIR forum is "that is not DIR". There really isn't anything more reliable than a Brass and glass SPG for pressure, so that's all you need.

IIRC, the major sizes available are 2" and 2 1/2". I prefer the larger one just because it is easier to see and grab with drygloves. Others prefer the smaller one. It really is just a matter of preference...which would be the case whether or not you have a transmitter plugged into the first stage or not [ :Wink: ]

Tom

Moved thread as it was not a DIR topic.

I use a 1 1/2" SPG as my primary SPG. As long as it is brass and glass and you can read it, there is no real reason to go with one or the other size but the smaller guage is lighter and thinner in addition to be smaller in diameter.

i have the larger size on my local rig and the smaller one on my travel rig. Both brass and glass.

It is totally subjective matter depending on your preference with ability (good eyes or bad eyes). I am usring 2 1/2" one due to my old eyes...

I have a Mares mini spg. Works great as a backup to my Oceanic VT3 AI computer.

:14:

Back
Top Bottom