New Diver in TN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Silverback784

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just a new diver in the Chattanooga area. I have only logged 9 dives and really hooked as a diver. I am planning on going Loch Low min quarry or to Phlladelphia Quarry this coming Sat. Was wanting to know if anyone else was planning time there for a dive so I could tag along.

Hello and welcome to ScubaBoard! I'm originally from Jasper, Tn. (Go Warriors) :D
I usually dive LLM a couple times each month. I went to Philly last week, and since it is my grand-daughter's B-Day this weekend I can't make it to dive this weekend. Next weekend may be a go. If you go to LLM then, send me a PM and maybe we can meet-up there. I usually have at least a couple other buddies diving so it should be a good time.

welcome to the board
:admingreet:

Welcome to Scubaboard! I'm from near Knoxville, but dive LLM and Philadelphis quite often. I am unavailable this weekend, but may be getting wet on August 2nd.

I'll be at Martha's tommorrow.

I had to cancel because of weather and the uncertainty of a dive partner or not. But as looks I may try to go for one of the quarries not sure wich one may even shoot for Marthas between Lebanon and Franklin Tn it seems to be pretty interesting.

Martha's was nice over the weekend.
80 on the surface and down to the thermocline which was about 26'. It was sooooo hot that the thermocline actually felt refreshing from time to time.
The viz was being debated but I thought it was about 6-8'.

Surprisingly enough, the weather wasn't a factor. We did our (UT's class) checkouts @ LLM this weekend and drove through the mess. Lucky for us, it has pretty much cleared up by the time we got there. There were a couple of showers, later Saturday, but they were nothing to be worried about.

Silverback, did you make it down there?

I didnt make it looked at the weather and with the uncertainty of a dive partner. I decided against making the drive. I am sure looking forward to it this next weekend though. I am ready for it I need to get wet LOL.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom