Nomad Compatibility?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pearldiver07

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
OK, I know that the Nomad can retrofit a newer Transpac.

But can I retrofit my DR back plate?

Also, can I adapt it for single tank use?

If you can't see where I'm going with this, I'm looking at converting over, but would like to have one good flexible system. From one tank rec diving, all of the way up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking at converting over, but would like to have one good flexible system. From one tank rec diving, all of the way up.

Hi Pearldiver07,

Thanks for your question. The Nomad system is great for single tank diving, sidemouting and backmounting - you can do it all. It is easy to adapt it for single tank diving, you simply need cam straps in order to attach the harness to the tank.
Check out: SCUBA Diving Equipment for Technical, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Product Catalog - Cam Straps

You can dive the Nomad with twin tanks, you simply need to use stab plates to ensure you get the extra stability you need.
Check out: SCUBA Diving Equipment for Technical, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Product Catalog - TransPac™ Stab Plates

The Nomad was designed specifically with sidemount diving in mind, so it is an ideal system for that. If you need more information on how to configure your sidemount rig please visit our Solution Finder:
SCUBA Diving Equipment for Technical, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Solution Finder

If you have any further questions don't hesitate to contact us!

Best,
Ag

Back
Top Bottom